Wednesday, July 22, 2015

Summer Beauty Essentials


Hello friends! Today I am sharing with you my summer beauty essentials! While it is pretty much summer year round in Florida, it definitely gets significantly more humid during summer. Between the consistent monsoon rain and ridiculous heat, I have to be extra careful in protecting my skin when I am out and about. Plus, there are certain things that I like to use more during the summer than any other season. Hope you enjoy me talking about beauty products that I adore during the Summer.




For sunscreen, I have been reaching for the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration Face Oil Free Sunscreen SPF 30 for my face and Hawaiian Tropic Ultra Radiance Sheer Touch Lotion Sunscreen SPF 30 (Review) for my body. I have been a fan of Hawaiian Tropic for almost a year now and I have repurchased their products consistently (especially since they smell like delicious coconuts, I get compliments all the time). I apply this to my face and body everyday and if I don't, I feel rather naked walking out of the house. If my skin is feeling dry after going to the beach or lounging in the pool, I use the Hawaiian Tropic Silk Hydration After Sun Lotion which I was first introduced by Influenster here. I have a travel size because it is so much more convenient to carry around when I am lugging stuff to the pool or beach. For my hair, I make sure to prevent it from damage from the pool or beach by consistently hydrating it with the OGX Renewing Argan Oil of Morocco Penetrating Oil (Review) every time I wash my hair. On days where I just want to smell like the ocean, I use the Bath & Body Works Lotion in Maui Mango.  

As an oily skin gal, I'm always on the lookout for a primer that prolongs the wear of my makeup. The one I have been gravitating to the most for that is the BareMinerals Original Prime Time Foundation Primer. So far out of all the primers I have tried, this has made the biggest difference in prolonging my makeup. I can swap around my foundation and feel confident that my face will look pretty good at the end of the day. For concealer, I can rely on either the Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer (Review) or the Elf Studio HD Lifting Concealer. Both of these concealers work very well without an additional undereye primer or by itself, which is why they are my picks. During the summer, I tend to go a bit more heavy with bronzer more than usual and I can finally pick up the NYC Smooth Skin Bronzer in Sunny. This bronzer is a bit to orange for me during the rest of the year, but during the summer it is perfect for my skin when I am a bit more tanned! To set my face, I rely on a powder like the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent. This pressed powder is handy for travel because it is compact, but the downside is that it doesn't come with a mirror. To prep my lips and make sure that there are no dry flakes, I use Lush Mint Juleps Lip Scrub. This ensure my lips are ready for bright lipsticks like Bite Beauty Duo Lipstick in Palomino and Violet. Hands down Bite Beauty has my favorite lipstick formulation, I find them to be more comfortable and easy to apply then popular lipsticks like the Nars Audacious Lipsticks.

What are your favorite summer essentials? Let me know in the comment section below!



4 comments:

  1. Ahhh great summer items! I would love to try some of the lotions of sunscreens from that Hawaiian brand! The scent sounds great and also I could totally use a mango scented ANYTHING right about now! I tend to like my shower gels to be seriously scented as I rarely use moisturizers (but really should be on my limbs) I've been paying more attention to skincare on my face though so I'm glad! It's summer all year round here but the weather definitely is a bit hotter than the rest of year here between May-August! My summer faves have to include a watermelon body scrub, a mojito shower gel (from The body shop), various lip balms and my super super floral scented toners from Indonesia!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, amazing picks! I need to give that MUFE concealer another go and that Bite lipstick duo is one of my faves :)


    www.vibrantbeautyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You definitely need to give it another go! It's definitely one of the best concealers out on the market! I absolutely love every single one of my bite lipsticks! They are all fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You should definitely try the Hawaiian brand stuff, so far everything has been FABULOUS. I actually avoid scented shower gels, I just prefer using moisturizers. I need to step up my game with shower gels though it looks like! I definitely have been paying more attention to my face than my body, skincarewise, though that's for sure!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...