Tuesday, January 20, 2015

Review: Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Concealer


Claims: An ultra long-lasting, matte finish, oil-free, waterproof, full coverage concealer. Designed to cover major imperfections like scars, hyperpigmentation, major discoloration, burns, and tattoos. This light and creamy concealer contains a high concentration of pigments that stay put, making it perfect for use on the face, as well as the body.
Price: $32
Shade Range: 12
Size: .5 oz
Where To Buy: Makeup Forever (online), Sephora

Hey guys! So today I will be sharing with you my review on the Make Up For Ever Full Coverage Concealer! I picked this up a couple of weeks back during the Sephora VIB sale and I have not stopped putting this bad boy down since I grabbed it! I am in the shade 5, Vanilla (although I could probably pick up 6, Ivory and get away with it as well). I've been wanting this product for awhile now, but I never got around to biting the bullet to get it. However, I finally did this during this recent VIB sale and now I cannot get over how wonderful of a product it is! Where has it been all my life?!





Packaging: This simple, squeeze tube packaging is my ideal for concealer packaging. First of all, its hygienic and you don't really have to worry about contaminating your concealer! Secondly, you actually finish the product (if you ever get there that is!) The amount of product in here is kinda crazy, I'm not sure how on earth I will finish up all this product! Make Up For Ever tends to have simpler packaging, but I don't mind that at all because this is so easy to use (plus this is travel friendly!)

Swatch of Make Up For Ever Full Cover Concealer in 5 (Vanilla)

Coverage: This is a full coverage concealer. I can depend on this concealer to cover my the majority of my under eye bags and my hyper pigmentation. If you have really dark circles, you may have to use a corrector help conceal it more. This concealer does not feel heavy on my skin, it has a creamy consistency that is hydrating enough to use in my under eye area, but yet it isn't too hydrating where it can't be used on acne scars. Unfortunately, this concealer isn't the perfect match for my skintone right now, it is a tad bit too light but I can blend out this concealer and make this work. I primarily use this concealer in my under eye area since I can use it to conceal and highlight. A little bit of this concealer goes a long way. For a demo of me applying this concealer, check out my Updated Winter Foundation Routine!

Lasting Power: I find that this concealer lasts a good 10+ hours. Provided that I blot away any excessive concealer with the Real Techniques Contour Brush, I find that this concealer does not crease in my undereye area. The Make Up For Ever concealer is the first concealer I own to not crease in my undereye area (Mac Pro Longwear and Nars Radiant Creamy Concealer will crease after a couple of hours, if not earlier).  This concealer set within a couple of minutes, which helps speed up my application of my makeup.

Final Thoughts: I have been absolutely enjoying this concealer! It is long lasting, pigmented, and is well worth the money! I might end up picking up the shade in 6 Ivory when I get a chance later (when I get a chance to finish up a couple other concealers I own of course!). The biggest con I see from this product is that the cost is quite hefty. Not everyone can shell out $32 for a concealer and I completely understand that! If you were wanting to try this concealer out, definitely get a sample at Sephora to test out, and wait til the 20% off at Sephora to buy it! I haven't found a drugstore concealer that quite compares to this product (although I have heard that the LA Girl Concealer is something I should definitely be trying)! While this concealer is expensive, I can see this concealer lasting for a really long time... I'm thinking this concealer could easily last me two years, if not more! I definitely recommend this concealer out to anyone who is looking for a high quality concealer that will cover up dark circles and hyper pigmentation!

What are your favorite concealers? Let me know in the comment section below! Be sure to check out the giveaway that I am hosting with the ladies of The Blogging Elite!

24 comments:

  1. Oh my Pauline! I've been lusting after this for a long time! I only realized recently when I had some bruises on my face that I don't own a single full coverage concealer/foundation! Nothing good enough to cover up a dark bluish-reddish mark healing! I would love to own one of these tubes! I definitely need to go in store and swatch! This sounds amazing as I sometimes actually use concealer all over my face where needed and powder and that's it! I can imagine how long this would last! Especially if you've already got several foundations/concealers in use!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely go to the store and swatch out the line! I definitely think you will like it, the coverage on this is AMAZING and the layers build really easily on top of one another! I have no doubt that this concealer will last me for several years, especially since I have so many concealers in my collection! I've been looking for a formulation that works well for under eye and for spot concealing acne and this is it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. concealers have been such a tricky area for me. I have dry eye area on top and a tendency to milia under my eyes if a product is too heavy. this does look promising though and the coverage is impressive! thanks for the review :)

    stop by and chat :) http://StorybookApothecary.com ♥

    ReplyDelete
  4. I've heard great things about this concealer even before reading your review! The coverage and wear both sound incredible. I think I may be adding this one to my wishlist. Thanks for the review Pauline!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Glad you're enjoying this so much! I sampled it a while back and the coverage really is impressive :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Ugh I need a new concealer I'm in such a bind! I want the nars creamy but I also want a brightening for my dark circle whats a girl to do!

    ReplyDelete
  7. i use 7. i think that would work for you since we're about the same shade. 6 is too cool toned (pink) but 7 has a yellow tone to it.

    Jenn

    A Beautiful Zen

    ReplyDelete
  8. I KEEP SAYING I'M GOING TO GET THIS CONCEALER, AND YET I NEVER DO :( (It's just that the task of swatching concealers and finding a match is a bit of an exhausting task, ya know?) I'm glad you finally found a concealer that works for both the undereye area and on blemishes, since I know NARS was disappointing for you on the undereye area, IIRC.

    (But IDK, since I'm CF now, I can't remember if MUFE sells in China or not)

    ReplyDelete
  9. THIS! and also Marc Jacob's concealer is amazing! Although I have been using tarte's concealer... also equally as good! If you go to sephora, grab a sample & try them out too!! I KNOW YOU'LL LOVE THEM!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this concealer and recommend it to everyone! And yes, it lasts forever!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I have never tried anything from this brand, defo want to though after reading this. xx

    Julie
    www.rainingcake.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I have this exact same concealer, but in the shade #7. It's really nice and creamy, but breaks me out, so I end up in a vicious cycle of concealing and breaking out lol. I think Maybelline has a fairly nice concealer as well :)

    http://www.elizadeathtaylor.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Elnienesia Meirinza Putri DewaMarch 7, 2015 at 5:38 AM

    The price is quite expensive if I calculate in our currency. But it looks dupe.
    Nice post!

    www.nonahitampahit.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Definitely get a sample of this so you can see if you like it! I don't think this is a heavy concealer because you only need a little of this. But the coverage is definitely impressive!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Definitely add this concealer to your wishlist! This concealer is fantastic and deserves all the rave that it gets!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Okie dokie, picking up 7 as soon as I can then :) Thanks for letting me know what your shade is :D Hopefully it will be a better match!

    ReplyDelete
  17. It's SUCH a great concealer. I've been using this nonstop for the past couple of months, its just fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  18. For dark circles, I think using a corrector in addition to a concealer will be your best bet to completely cover them. I don't like the Nars creamy, but I think you should definitely sample it out and see how it works for you!

    ReplyDelete
  19. This is a fantastic concealer...however I just checked and it isn't cruelty free :( So... yea :( Didn't realize that MUFE wasn't cruelty free and now I'm kinda upset... I was hoping you would eventually try it out and let me know what you think as well! I've been using this nonstop for the past couple of months and IMO it is definitely a lot better than the Nars concealer (tried that one again today ...and it creased within the first 30 mins ;_;)

    ReplyDelete
  20. Okay, I'm DEFINITELY going to try the Marc Jacobs and Tarte concealer then! Thanks for the recs Amna :D I'm a huge foundation and concealer junkie, so I love trying out new base products!

    ReplyDelete
  21. That's fantastic to hear that you love this concealer! I'm sure mine will last forever as well, a little of this concealer goes SUCH a long way.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Definitely try this concealer if you get a chance Julie, I know this brand is a bit hard to come by in the UK but I definitely think it is worth it. Let me know if you end up trying it!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Darn, that sucks that this concealer breaks you out! I'm thinking about picking up shade 7, it might be a better match than 5 for me.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Unfortunately this is a very expensive concealer, but I can see this concealer lasting for years since you need a very small amount of product. Let me know if you end up trying though!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...