Basically the reason why I am writing this post is to describe what I would wear for parental appropriate makeup, job interview makeup...basically in situations where you have to look professional and polished. This is the makeup my parents tend to prefer me wearing...but me, being me, am a little over dramatic with my makeup sometimes... XD
Here are some FOTD posts of a "No Makeup" Makeup Look:
Now that you guys have seen a several of my examples of "No Makeup" Makeup Look, then keep reading for tips with high end and drugstore recommendations!
1) The first signs of visibly wearing makeup is when you are wearing layers of foundation and powder.To prevent this, I recommend either using a light coverage face product, such as a tinted moisturizer or a light coverage foundation or using just concealer. While CoverGirl Outlast Stay Fabulous 3 in 1 Foundation isn't a light coverage product, I find that with a light application that this foundation blends flawlessly into my skin. For a high end product, I enjoy Lancome Teint Miracle.
2) Avoid adding any excessive amounts of powder to your face. This will lead to what is called "cake face", a highly grotesque thing that boys will run away from (well, maybe not all boys). My guy friends detest seeing girls with "cake face" but this is something very easily avoided! Use powder only where you get only, such as your T-zone. Or, if you want to play safe, just skip powder and use a setting spray! I recommend Rimmel Stay Matte Powder in Transparent and Elf Studio High Definition Powder in Sheer.
3) Heavy contouring is a no no. If you do want to use bronzer, I recommend doing a slight contour by doing a giant 3 on your face. I recommend NYC Bronzer in Sunny and Elf Studio Contour Blush and Bronzer Duo in St. Lucia.
4) Stick to a pink or peachy blush to get a natural flushed look. Use a light hand to apply the blush in layers, so that you don't add too much all at once. For drugstore products, I recommend Elf Studio Blush in Candid Coral and Elf Studio Contouring Blush and Bronzer in St. Lucia. For high end products, I recommend Lancome Blush Subtil in Sheer Amourrose.
1) If you are going to wear eyeshadows, keep it to a neutrals or a very soft look. For drugstore products. I recommend CoverGirl Shimmering Sands Trio, Physician's Formula Matte Eyeshadow Quad in Canyon Classics, Physician's Formula Shimmer Strips in Nude, and Wet n' Wild Walking on Eggshells Trio. For high end products, I recommend Urban Decay's Naked 1&2.
2) Using either eyeshadow or pencil eyeliner very close on your upper lashline. Today is not the day for a strong cat eye makeup or heavy rimmed eyes, we want to keep your eyes looking natural, but more enhanced. I will always tight-lining my eyes for a tint of subtle definition on these days. I recommend Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Waterproof Eyeliner in Brown and Taupe, any brown shadow from your collection will work. I also recommend you line your waterline with Rimmel Scandaleyes Kohl Kajal Waterproof Eyeliner in Nude.
3) Apply a light coat of mascara. There is no need for extra drama on your lashes today *cough*false eyelashes*cough*! Any mascara you have in your collection is find, just do not overdo on the mascara application. For days like this, I tend to gravitate towards Mary Kay Lash Love Mascara in Black.
4) Do not go crazy on the eyebrows! On days like this, it is not necessary to harshly draw on your eyebrows. Instead, opt for a natural brow. Just fill those babies in, keep the arch simple, and don't lengthen your eyebrows excessively. I recommend Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit. For high end products, I recommend Anastasia Beverly Hill's Brow Wiz.
1) Wear a natural lip color (aka my lips but better). Doesn't necessarily have to be a full on nude lipstick, a sheer red or pink could also work. My current favorites that I would recommend are Revlon Just Bitten Kissable Balm Stain in Honey and Rimmel Show Off Lip Lacquer in Celestial. For high end products, I recommend Lancome Love It and Mac Brave.
What do you think of these tips? Do you have any more suggestions? Let me know in the comment section below!