Tuesday, July 9, 2013

Review:Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium



Left to Right: Brow Gel, Brow Powder

Claims: Create brows that are fuller, thicker, and more defined! The pigmented wax defines and shapes brows and the color complementing setting powder keeps them looking arched and perfected. The doubled sided taklon brush has one side to help arch your brows while the other side aids in filling them in. This duo provides lasting color definition for a naturally beautiful look.Price: $3
Shades: 4 (Light, Medium, Dark, and Ash)
Size: .12 oz
Where Can I Buy: Elf, Target (available only in Medium)

Hey guys! So today I will be doing a review on the Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium. I've been wearing this a lot lately, testing the lasting powder of this product and seeing whether or not I like it and I have concluded that this is a very nice product!

The lasting power of this product is great! I have wore this product alone for 12 hours and it looks the same as when I did my eyebrows! I have used this product along with the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel and it did last me for a good 14 Hours. I've tested it out in both humid and rainy days, so it withstands the test of time for me! The packaging is also small and compact, which makes it travel friendly!

Examples of me wearing the Elf Studio Eyebrow Kit in Medium from my various FOTD posts!:

 

Initially when I started using the Brow Powder, I thought it would be too light on my eyebrows. However, I then quickly realized that wasn't the case. The eyebrow powder fills in my sparse eyebrows with ease, especially if I am aided by a spoolie brush to blend the product out. The brow gel is way too dark to be used completely throughout my eyebrow, but it works perfectly to use to fill my arch. I use the brush applicator that it comes with for both the brow powder and the brow gel; the fluffier brush side is used to fill the majority of my brows with the brow powder while the angled brush is used to fill my arch with the brow gel. 


From Left to Right Pictures: One Swatch of Brow Gel, Opaque Swatch of Brow Gel, One Swatch of Brow Powder, Opaque Swatch of Brow Powder 

As seen by the swatches, not only are the brow gel and brow powder in the kit pigmented, but they are also easily buildable in color. With eyebrow products, you can't really expect extreme pigmentation like you would see in eyeshadows, or else it would be extremely difficult to work with. I find that both the eyebrow powder and eyebrow gel have the right amount of pigment in them, any more and one can easily go overboard on the eyebrows. I don't find that the kit in Medium has a red undertone, which is something I know a lot of people are concerned about when they are searching for eyebrow products!

I would certainly recommend it for those who have Asian brows or have dark brown hair to grab this kit in Medium. There are also other shades worth checking out on the Elf website if you are in need of a lighter shade. I don't have any cons for this products but I would recommend you to use a makeup remover or a cleanser to remove the brow gel, just because you can irritate your skin on accident if you used just soap and water!

What eyebrow products do you guys use? Any eyebrow products you recommend? Let me know in the comment section below!

8 comments:

  1. I have been meaning to try this out because right now I use Sigma brow products. I am running out of a few things though, and I'm trying to see if I can find a cheaper alternative! Great review!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've never tried any Sigma products, but they are a bit on the pricier side. I highly recommend you try this product though, doesn't break the bank even if you don't like it XD

      Delete
  2. I use this kit too (also in Medium) and love it. I think it works great, looks nice, and has an awesome price!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm so happy I picked up this kit :) It's such a bargain and it works wonders :)

      Delete
  3. I wanted to thank you for this great read!! I absolutely enjoyed
    every little bit of it. I have you bookmarked to look at new things
    you post…

    My weblog: levela

    ReplyDelete
  4. Neat blog! Is your theme custom made or did
    you download it from somewhere? A theme like yours with a few simple adjustements would really make
    my blog stand out. Please let me know where you got your design.
    Cheers

    My weblog คิ้วสามมิติ

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I pretty much custom made my theme :) Glad you liked it :)

      Delete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...