Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Review: Wet n Wild Fergie Take the Day Eyeshadow Primer


Claims: This perfect primer preps and brightens eyelids to guarantee ultra vibrant color that lasts all day. It's smooth, effortless application dries to a clear finish and keeps eyeshadow from creasing.
Price: $4.99
Size: .34 fl oz
Where Can I Buy: Local Drugstore (in my area, they only sell Wet n Wild at Walgreens)

Hey guys! So today I will be doing a review for one my favorite products on the drugstore market! It's the Wet n' Wild Fergie Take the Day Eyeshadow Primer. I have featured it in both my May Favorites and my Top 10 Drugstore Products. So, if you are interested in this product, then keep on reading!

The packaging of this product is small and very easy to use. It hits easily in my hand and is lightweight, which makes it very convenient to travel with. The primer is in a squeeze tube, so I know I will be able to get the last bit of the primer (when the time comes).

This eyeshadow primer has hands down improved the longevity of my eye makeup. I just recently used this primer and my eyemakeup did not crease one bit for 15 hours...straight! I completely amazed by the strength of this primer and I cannot believe that the drugstore has come out with such a good product.

Swatch of the Wet n Wild Fergie Take the Day Eyeshadow Primer

When you first use this product, there may be a bit of oil/greasy that comes out. Not going to lie, that did creep me out a bit when I first used it, however afterwards the primer came out like the swatch above in a flesh toned color. The primer blends into the skin invisibly and does not leave a flesh toned color on the skin like some primers do. The amount of product I showed in my swatch is what I use for my normal primer application, any less and there is a slight chance of your eyeshadow creasing on you.

Some examples of Wet n Wild Primer in use:



While I do thoroughly enjoy this primer, I do not feel that is necessarily causes your eyeshadows to be more vibrant. Therefore, if the eyeshadows you are using are not really pigmented, then this primer won't give it an additional enhancement. This may be a deal breaker for people who do not own a lot of pigmented shadows, or who want a primer to add more oomph to their eyemakeup, but it isn't for me. I fine that this eyeshadow primer suits my needs very well, in that it adds lengthens the staying power of my eyemakeup and while blending smoothly into my skin, not leaving any detectable color.

Overall, I highly recommend this eyeshadow primer for those of you who are looking for a good drugstore eyeshadow primer. I have not tried any high end primers besides the discontinued Sephora Eyeshadow Primer that I own, but I don't intend to try Urban Decay's Primer Potion, Two Faced Shadow Insurance etc unless I got them somehow for free. This primer is not only afforable, but does the job in Florida heat! I even wore used this eyeshadow primer when I went to the beach and the heat did not cause my eyemakeup to smude (although I have not tried to see if this is waterproof). But nevertheless, this product is just plain awesome.

What do you think about this primer? Let me know in the comment section below!





11 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You should definitely give it a try if you get a chance :)

      Delete
  2. I've never tried this primer but it sounds pretty good! I'm a huge fan of UDPP... but I typically use MAC Painterly Paint Pot. I have a lot of eyelid discoloration, so I need the coverage that the PP's provide.

    You and your sister look lovely btw ;)

    Sarah
    Eyeshadow Addicts Anonymous

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I really want to try Mac's Painterly Paint Pot, it sounds like something I would really enjoy :) And aww, thanks Sarah <333

      Delete
  3. I didn't know that Wet n Wild had a primer!!! I'm going to have to find this!

    Anna
    Makeup and Masala

    ReplyDelete
  4. I want to try this primer out (but I can't find it where I live!), but it's inability to 'boost' the colour of eyeshadows kinda makes it a dealbreaker for me...:(

    But as a basic, affordable eyeshadow primer, it sounds decent!

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :( Yea, unfortunately that can be a dealbreaker for some people... Still, I think you should give it a try, its affordable so it won't break the bank that badly. Lord knows I've bought things to try that have broke the bank, and it was painful when it didn't work out how I want it too :(

      Delete
  5. Actually when someone doesn't understand afterward its up to other visitors that they will assist, so
    here it occurs.

    Look at my web blog: weight loss tips

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...