Thursday, January 23, 2014

A 42 Day Spending Ban!

Thanks to my friend Courtney, an RL friend who also runs the tumblr blog lifeaftertheib, she made me enact a spending ban. For those of you who may or may not know, my Project 10 Pan did not go as well as hoped... I have purchased so many products since enacting it (on the bright side though, I have hit pan on all but those three products)!

So, you may wonder, what would this spending ban entail? I am not allowed to buy anything for myself for the next 42 days. Why 42 days you may ask? Cause Courtney as a thing for Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy (and I unfortunately do not get this reference because I haven't read the book). This will include makeup, clothes, skincare, and hair care. As such, the spending ban will go until March 6, 2014. It's not a long spending ban, but I am hoping that it will be an effective one. Adding clothes into the mixture makes it harder for me, so it will be a challenge.

I only have two exceptions to this spending ban. The first one is any presents for friends and family are not included in this. The second exception is that the any spending for the future makeup swap with Vanessa over at Citronandguavaberry doesn't count (and it's starting to look like a crazy amount!)

Have your spending bans been successful? Let me know in the comment section below!



14 comments:

  1. Good luck! I wouldn't survive lol! Can't wait to see what you & Vanessa get each other!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's been so difficult! I can't wait either! lol XD

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Thanks dear! Psst, you accidentally called me Vanessa :P Totally flattered though XD

      Delete
  3. Wow...good luck! Braver than I am!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! lol I'm trying again, we'll see if this works out!

      Delete
  4. It's k, I haven't read Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy either...or seen the movie. EVERYTIME SOMEONE MAKES A REFERENCE TO IT, I JUST LOOK AWAY SHAMEFULLY.
    (Yeah, IA with everyone else here, I can't wait to see what we get each other LOL. I think we kinda...upped the cap by a good number)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I look away shamefully as well! And yes, we err...upped up the cap by a HUGE number D: This is starting to get pretty scary D:

      Delete
  5. Hope the spending Ban is going well Pauline!
    can't wait to see the colab post ^_^
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's...going. Everyday it gets even more difficult not to give in, unfortunately :( Trying to survive through it though!

      Delete
  6. Good luck! I'm doing a spending ban until march too! I hope to have a post on it up sometime this week because I'm attempting to do project 10 pan. I think it'll be kinda hard for me, so I'm hoping makeup brands don't come out with too many enticing products this month and in march.. lol

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Good luck with your project. Makeup brands lately have been on top of their game, they are bringing in amazing new products at insane speeds, it is absolutely ridiculous!

      Delete
  7. I need to institute one of these bans for my personal life. I don't invest as much in makeup, but I'm definitely a huge shopaholic for clothes and shoes. I think the reference to Hitchhiker's 42 is brilliant (I'm such a fan of the series)!

    Brittney

    <a href="http://www.anotherbeautifulthing.blogspot.com>Another Beautiful Thing </a>

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. These bans are good for us shopaholics (Hoping to save lots of money with this ban)! I so needs to read the series!

      Delete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...