Monday, January 20, 2014

An Impulse Buy Haul!


Hey guys! I hope you guys are had a great Martin Luther King day (I spent mine volunteering at Feeding America Foodbank)! Today I have an impulse haul to share with you today. I went to the Dollar Tree and the Mac Counter and picked up a little bit here and there, none of which I anticipated on picking up! I'm hoping to get some good use out of it and hopefully I won't regret making these purchases!

Elf Essentials Brightening Eye Color in Butternut
This tiny quad was only a buck, and while I didn't necessarily need the eye shadows to add into my collection I figured it would be nice to test and see how the application and pigmentation goes. I attempted to make a video using this, but that failed rather epicly so I think it'll be a review instead!

Elf Essentials Lengthening and Defining Mascara in Black
I've been in need of newer mascaras for awhile now, the ones I have currently are a bit on the older side of things, so I had to give this one a try once I saw this at the dollar tree!

Mac Lip Pencil in Vino
I was so talked into buying this once I saw how beautiful this looked with Viva Glam I.This will be my first Mac Lip Pencil purchase, and I have high hopes for it! I haven't had much luck with the Jordana ones, I never saw a difference in my lip product being prolonged. Hopefully this works out!

Mac Matte Lipstick in Viva Glam I
So the search for a perfect red lipstick never ends, in my opinion. This is the one that I liked the most when swatching at the Mac counter. Fingers crossed this will end the hunt for the perfect red lip stick!

Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC25
Boy have I been hounded by my friends to get this stuff. I may have not thought this out thoroughly, but I've heard amazing things about this concealer so I knew I had to try! Plus, with my other concealers slowly hitting pan and being used up, I thought this would be the perfect addition to my collection!

Rimmel Eyeshadow Quad in Sweet Smolder
What really attracted me to this eye shadow quad was the bright pink. I found this over at the Dollar Tree and I was intrigued to see how powerful the pink was (it was also a bonus that I got a silver and a charcoal gray because I don't have many of those)!


What products have you purchased lately? After this haul I personally think I might end up going on a spending ban!

16 comments:

  1. Ahh, don't you love it when you find a shade, even though it's in a quad, that you can't forget? I'd love to see what you end up doing with that bright pink, heh ;) (Also, LIKE YOU EVEN NEEDED ANOTHER NEUTRALS PALETTE/QUAD. PFT)

    (P.S. I've already shopped the makeup swap for you, and it's safe to say you'll never see my picks coming. HAHAHAHAHAHAH)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, I do love the awesomeness of that pink. It's SO vibrant. I'm kinda shocked about that, not going to lie. I will ALWAYS and FOREVER need neutral palettes/quads. Totally eyeing every neutral palette on the market. Gotta have them all!

      Delete
  2. I totally need to buy a concealer or foundation from Mac this year, I've been having trouble choosing what concealer to buy! I also should try something elf but I'm really saving up to buy some high end products this year!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been on a concealer hunt lately and this concealer has been well raved about so I knew I had to try!v I want to buy more high end products as well, so I'm hoping that my spending ban will allow me to buy some more!

      Delete
  3. I purchased Mac Pro Longwear Concealer in NC30 last week and am not impressed with it so far. I find it a touch too cakey!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I haven't found it cakey yet, but I still need to try for a longer time before I can give a final verdict! Thanks for letting me know!

      Delete
  4. i'm from the uk so elf is hard to get here, you've got to order it online. I really want to try some of their stuff!

    Sharlotte // Sharlotte

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw :( That sucks that you can only get elf in the UK by ordering online. Maybe sometime in the near future it will be more accessible!

      Delete
  5. Ohhhh nice haul! *_*
    I recently picked up the MAC prolongwear (and have a SLIGHT feeling it MAY break me out) but aside from that/until I have confirmed that its SOO great for good skin days! The only thing I majorly dislike is controlling the amount produced is so hard :( and there's nearly always wastage, unless i'm ONLY using this concealer without foundation! Ohhhh would love to see a review on the MAC lip liner!
    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. OH NOO. That totally sucks that this it may be breaking you out! I totally agree with you, the packaging of the product COMPLETELY sucks, unless you are only concealer and a bit of powder. Will definitely do a review on the Mac lip liner, thanks for asking!

      Delete
  6. ELF is so inexpensive I'll often just pick things up if there's any glimmer that I might be using them, I'm glad I'm not the only one! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Nope, you are certainly not the only one! I pick them up hoping that they would be really good and be worth their high end counterparts!

      Delete
  7. Great haul!! :)
    I've seen Vino and it looks amazing! Def. on my list of lip liners to get. Butternut looks lovely!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Vino is absolutely lovely on the lips! I definitely recommend :)

      Delete
  8. Impulse buys are the best! Vino is one of my faves!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad to hear Vino is one of your favorites! I'm certainly enjoying it so far! :)

      Delete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...