Monday, October 14, 2013

Series: Playing Makeup Artist 10/12/13





Hey guys! So today I will be starting a new series on this blog, where I will be posting myself doing other people's makeup. I have a tendency of doing my friends' and my sister's makeup... and I do it a lot! Today's post is featuring one of my best friends, Insiya. As you can see, her face is pretty much flawless, so there wasn't much help needed... but I love enhancing her eyes! I'm not sure how often I can abuse my friends and play makeup artist... depends on who wants to volunteer and all! :D




Makeup Used:
Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder in Dark Brown
Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel Buxom Best Lash Mascara in Blackest Black
Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Concealer in Light
Jordana Twist and Shine Lip Balm Stain in Cranberry Crush
Jordana FabuLiner in Black
Mac's Satin Taupe
Rimmel ScandalEYES Kohl Kajal Waterproof Eyeliner in Black
Tarte Blush in Stellar
Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells (Eyelid Color)
Wet n Wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer

Makeup Application:
1) I first primed Insiya's eyelids using Wet n Wild Fergie Eyeshadow Primer.
2) Then I filled in her brows using the darker shade (right side) of the Anastasia Beverly Hills Brow Powder in Dark Brown and set her brows using the Anastasia Beverly Hills Clear Brow Gel
3) I then applied the nude eyeshadow from Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadow Trio in Walking on Eggshells onto the first half of her eyelids. Then, I used Mac's Satin Taupe and applied the outer half and into the outer V, making sure that all the makeup is blended in throughly.
4) I then applied Rimmel ScandalEYES Kohl Kahal Waterproof Eyeliner in Black on her waterline and tightline. Then, I used Jordana FabuLiner in Black to on her upper lash line to create a cat eye.
5) I then applied Buxom Lash Mascara in Blackest Black on her eyelashes (not that she needs much of it, her eyelashes are already long as it is!)
6) I then lightly used Covergirl and Olay Simply Ageless Concealer in Light to cover her dark circles and some discoloration under her eyes, while brightening the undereye area.
7) Lastly, I applied Tarte 24HR Amazonian Clay Blush in Stellar on her cheeks.

Have you guys done makeup on your friends lately? What do you guys think of the makeup look? Let me know in the comment section below!



12 comments:

  1. LOVE, LOVE, LOVE THIS SERIES :D
    I VOLUNTEERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR (loljk I live to far but if I didn't, I VOLUNTEEEEEERRR katniss style)
    So that's how Satin Taupe looks like; I love the eye makeup! + your friend is gorgey :3

    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL. When I go to Toronto (if you are still willing by then of course ;) ) I would be more then happy to do your makeup ^_^ Satin Taupe is such a pretty color :) And I know right, she's so pretty ^_^

      Delete
    2. Omg, that would be totes awesome except now I realise my bare skin is terrifying and now I'm going to slowly BACK OUT SO BUT WE CAN STILL HANG OUT LOLLL

      Delete
    3. LOL okay, then I'll hold you to us hanging out then ^_^

      Delete
  2. Beautiful! I'm so jealous of your friends skin, it's flawless! I also love the eye look you've created. It really makes her eyes stand out.

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Glad you love the look! I'm jealous of her skin as well ^_^ Her eyes are lovely as it is, so I didn't need much help in that department :B

      Delete
  3. Hey, I wanted to let you know that I tagged you for The Halloween Tag that's up now on my blog. I hope you do it :)

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. and of course I see this comment after Halloween has ended :( Awww, this was a tag I would've really enjoyed doing! Maybe next year :B

      Delete
  4. I like your pretty blog, I'll be back more often =)
    I saw just started to follow you on Bloglovin', do you want to follow each other on GFC?
    Let me know so I can follow you back.
    Kisses, Ana
    http://xoxocitygirl.blogspot.pt

    ReplyDelete
  5. The eyelook is beautiful! It really makes them stand out!

    allthingsglitterandbeauty

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...