Sunday, December 15, 2013

Review of the Nars Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Cheek Palette



Price: $65
Where to Buy: Nars, Sephora

Hey guys! Today I will be doing a review of the Nars Guy Bourdin One Night Stand Cheek Palette. Since this palette is limited edition, I wanted to get this review out pretty quickly so I have been trying this product out consistently for the past couple of weeks. Shoutout to Vanessa (http://citronandguavaberry.blogspot.ca/) who requested this review!



This palette contains six cheek products: one highlighter, four blushes, and one bronzer.


Top, From Left to Right: Devotee, Mistinguette, Orgasm
Bottom, From Left to Right: Laguna, Deep Throat, and Goulue.



Swatches, From Left to Right: Devotee, Mistinguette, Orgasm, Laguna, Deep Throat, and Goulue


Swatches, From Left to Right: Devotee, Mistinguette, Orgasm


Swatches, From Left to Right: Laguna, Deep Throat, and Goulue.


Devotee: A cream champagne highlight. There is a bit of shimmer on this highlight, so you can easily over do this. I find that this is a very pigmented and a little goes a long way.

Mistinguette: A matte pink blush. This cool toned pink blush can be very intimidating at first, but looks very beautiful on my skin! This product can be a bit chalky, which can make it a bit difficult to apply smoothly on the cheeks.

Orgasm: A midtone pink blush with rose gold shimmer. The gold shimmer can be overwhelming on the cheeks, those of you who have pores beware!

Laguna: A warm toned bronzer that has flecks of gold. I find that the bronzer is the least pigmented product in this palette. This bronzer is better suited for those with lighter skin tones.

Deep Throat: A peachy pink blush with little gold shimmer. The shimmer in this blush is not was overpowering as Orgasm is, and as such I prefer to wear this more!

Goulue: A cranberry blush with gold shimmer. This is the most pigmented product in the palette and looks beautiful on deeper skintones (don't worry if you have fairer skin ladies, this still looks amazing)!

Out of the palette, I would highly recommend Devotee, Deep Throat, and Goulue. Those three cheek products are, hands down, my favorite products. I can easily see purchasing the full size of those three products. My least favorite products in this palette are Orgasm and Laguna. For Laguna, the bronzer is no where near as pigmented as where I wanted it to be. Orgasm, while it gives a pretty glow to my cheeks, emphasizes my pores with the amount of shimmer it has. Mistinguette is sort of in the middle, I like it a lot, but I don't anticipate myself using that color a lot. These blushes last me for about 6 -8 hours without the use of any setting powder or setting spray which is what I would expect out of a Nars blush.

Have you guys tried this palette? Would you guys get this palette? Let me know in the comment section below!



4 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. It's been my go to blush ever since I got this! It's absolutely lovely!

      Delete
  2. HEHEEH hello shoutout!
    Is it bad that this is the first post where I actually got to see swatches + a comparison of the shades? (Or maybe I just didn't look hard enough...-sigh-)
    DEFINITELY GOING TO PICK UP FULL SIZE OF DEEP THROAT (and definitely going to stay away from 'Orgasm' because I have the hugest pores ever ;-;)
    SO YEAH THANKS FOR ACTUALLY PUTTING UP A DETAILED REVIEW ;)

    Also, Happy Holidays!
    Vanessa | Citron and Guavaberry ʘ‿ʘ | Makeup & Silly things

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Shoutout are awesome aren't they?

      Awww, that's kinda sad that this is the first post you get to see swatches + comparison :/ GO PICK UP A FULL SIZE OF DEEP THROAT. I'm half tempted to pick one up for myself as back up even though I don't feel like I would hit pan any time soon....

      Anytime dear ;)

      Delete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...