Sunday, August 4, 2013

Review: Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40


Claims: This sheer, oil-free formula offers triple protection. It shields the skin from sun damage, fights wrinkles and DNA damage, and delivers a dose of Clarins powerhouse antioxidant complex to fight wrinkle-causing free radical damage.
Price: $25 (for 1 Fl Oz), $40 (for 1.7 Fl Oz)
Sizes: 1 Fl Oz (Pictured above). 1.7 Fl Oz (largest size)
Where Can It Be Purchased: Clarins, Macys, Dillards, Nordstrom, Neiman Marcus, Sephora and other high end retailers.

Hey guys! So today I will be reviewing one of my favorite sunscreens I have used thus far, the Clarins UV Plus HP Day Screen High Protection SPF 40. I purchased this a couple of months back when Nordstrom was doing a sale where buying one Clarins product got you a full size toner, a travel size toner, and a travel sized lotion. Regardless of how expensive the sunscreen was, I could not pass up on the deal they had going on! Read on to see what my thoughts of this product are!


The packaging of this product is very compact. It is very lightweight and it fits easily in the palm of my hand. This product uses a squeeze tube, which is extremely easy to use provided that there is product in the bottle. The instructions say to the bottle well prior to dispensing and to apply a liberal amount over your face. 



As you can see, the product is of a liquid consistency rather than the thick sunscreen consistency that one would normally see for sunscreen. The product is easily blended out, leaving the skin to be undetectable. I have not noticed the sunscreen sheen that I have seen in other sunscreen products, and I have not noticed this giving my face a white cast. Due to its liquid consistency, the product isn't as moisturizing or hydrating in comparison to other cremes such as Olay Complete Moisturizer and Estee Lauder DayWear. However,  product feels very light on your skin and doesn't leave your skin greasy like the Olay Complete Moisturizer. 

As for the claims, I honestly would not know for sure if they were true. At the age I am at right now, I am trying to prevent the early onset of wrinkles. The SPF of 40, combined with UVA and UVB protection into this sunscreen is what appeals to me. The SPF of 40 would ensure that I am protected for a longer period of time than just simply using an SPF of 15 while the UVA and UVB protects my skin from both of the harmful rays of the sun. 

Overall, I would recommend this sunscreen for those who want a moisturizer to use under makeup and not feel greasy. This sunscreen is ideal for those of combination to oily skin, as it is oil-free. I would not recommend this to dry skin, just because this would not give you the moisture you would need. The bottom line is, I would definitely purchase this sunscreen again (doubly so if I can get a good deal with it as well!)

What sunscreen have you been using this summer? Let me know in the comments below!




4 comments:

  1. You knowww....as a pharmacy student, I REALLY know how the sun acts on your skin. Buuuuut I don't wear sunscreen. I mean, my moisturizer and BB cream has it. Plus, most of the day I'm inside in office/work/school, so I don't use it.

    But for those days with friends running around, my favorite has to be Neutrogena's :) It absorbs fast and is non sticky :D

    - RxBeautyChic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BAHAHAA. You crack me up :P Tsk tsk dear. Even if I'm inside I still use it :D I will definitely have to look into Neutrogena's sunscreen, I have heard great things about it!

      Delete
  2. This sounds great. I can't believe it has an SPF 40!

    fairestsfavorites.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yep, makes the product SO much better when it has an SPF 40 :D

      Delete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...