Monday, May 5, 2014

Makeup MAYhem Day 5 - Influenster Uni VoxBox






Hey guys! Today I will be doing a review on the Influenster Uni VoxBox. For those of you who don't know what Influenster is, they are a website that will send you free products in exchange for a review. As always, my reviews will honest and straightforward, just because Influenster sent me the product doesn't mean that my reviews will skew me in favor of the particular brand (in particular, I only like two products here). Keep reading to see what I think of the products. 


imPRESS Press on Manicure in Royally Pink:
I haven't used Press on Acrylic nails since I was like...10... so I was excited to try this. However, it seems like the formulation of these nails haven't changed much throughout the years. These weren't incredibly difficult to put on, provided that the nails didn't fall out of the proper places in the container. There was a decent variety in sizes, so I think everyone can find a nail that fits. However, they were uncomfortable to wear, weighing down my nails and hurting some of my fingers on occasion. Removing them was also a bit painful, the glue stick to my nail even though I ran my hand under warm water to "loosen" it up. I wouldn't recommend this product, still plan to stick to nail polish!

Wearing NYC Expert Lip Color in Forever Fuschia (Tutorial here)

NYC Expert Lip Color in Forever Fuschia:  
This was one of the few products I enjoyed in the Uni VoxBox. As a lover of all things pink, this definitely meets my standard in lip products! This color is a blue toned pink and is really creamy on my lips! I previously haven't been a fan of NYC lip products (I currently have two lipsticks from them sitting in my makeup drawer) but I am definitely rethinking the brand now with this product! The staying power of this product is decent, but it won't last through meals.. (which is okay to be honest). Will definitely be looking into buying more of these!

Pilot Acroball Pen:
The only other product in the box I enjoyed. This pen writes really nicely and has been one of the best ball point pens I've used. The writing dries quickly, and the ink doesn't smear (which is perfect to use during exam time!) I definitely recommend, and may go out to purchase some more once I run out of pens.

Playtex Sport Fresh Balance Tampons:
That awkward moment when Influenster sends you something you won't ever use. I don't have an opinion on this because I have chosen to not use tampons (mainly because of my fear of Toxic Shock Syndrome). 

Red Rose Real Tea Brewed Tea Goodness: 
I've been searching for the perfect water flavor for quite a bit of time that doesn't have the artificial flavor to it. Unfortunately, this is not it. This leaves an awkward after taste that is consistent with ever other water enhancer (which is a pity considering how I was really hoping this would do the trick!)

Rimmel Stay Matte Liquid Mousse Foundation: 
Unfortunately, I was not a fan of this foundation as I mentioned in my Latest Hits and Misses! The foundation is definitely way too heavy for my liking, and it doesn't keep my face matte, like the name would suggest. The color I received, Classic Beige, was too pink for my skintone, and has a tendency to make me look darker than my true color. Don't recommend this product.

Have you guys used any of these products? Let me know in the comment section below and be sure to check out my giveaway here.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...