Saturday, May 25, 2013

Review: Anastasia Beverly Hill's Brow Wiz and Brow Gel


From left to right: Anastasia Clear Brow Gel and Brow Wiz (Brunette)

Anastasia Beverly Hill's Brow Wiz
Price: $21
Shades: Caramel, Ash Blonde, Medium Ash, Brunette, Ebony, Soft Brown
Size: .085 g
Where to Buy: AnastasiaSephora

Anastasia Beverly Hill's Clear Brow Gel
Price: $22 (full size), $10 (mini size with tweezers)
Size: .28 g
Where to Buy: AnastasiaSephora

I have to admit, I probably have been holding out on filling in my eyebrows for the longest time. I was hesitant towards it, I've had relatives that have tattooed their eyebrows and it looked absolutely horrific-- it scared me into thinking that I would do the same. Just recently I decided to give my eyebrows a try. I went with Anastasia, a brand I knew had a reputation for having really good eyebrow pencils. I then purchased the Brow Wiz in Brunette and the Clear Brow Gel to set.


Swatch of the Brow Wiz in Brunette (Left is one swipe, Right is an opaque swatch)

The Anastasia Brow Wiz in Brunette deposited color nicely onto my eyebrows. I have occasionally added more color then necessary, but the spoolie at the end of the Brow Wiz blended the color evenly. Due to my thick eyebrows, I went for a color that was darker to frame my eyes while filling in my sparse gap I had. The packaging of this brow pencil was very handy. I love the convenience of not having to sharpening brow pencils. However, I find that the top cap of the brow pencil has gotten loose. For the $21 that I spent on it, I expected it to be sealed tight, especially on a product that I will carry around in my makeup bag and use everyday.



The Anastasia Clear Brow Gel is sets my unruly eyebrows in place. While I do get my eyebrows threaded once a month, my eyebrows have a tendency to stay put. Using this brow gel, my eyebrows were able to stay in place for a 10 hour work day, something that is very impressive in Florida heat! The brow gel did not degrade one it. I find that the Brow Gel has a tendency to sometimes have a little too much product, but that's something that is easily fixed if one rubs of the excess gel on the side of the container.

These two products work very well as a pair. I unfortunately do not recommend using the Brow Wiz by itself, as it does not stand true to its long-lasting claim. The product for me lasted for about four hours without any brow gel. For the $21 that I spent on it, I would've liked it to last a lot longer without anything to stay in place. However, used in conjunction with the brow gel, my eyebrows stayed exactly the same for over a 10 hour workday  (haven't tested any longer than that though unfortunately). I highly recommend these two products together, I am always very satisfied using it and it seems to me that this is a product that I will probably use for a long time!

2 comments:

  1. Great review! Check out my blog please? :)
    Penny Rose
    http://pinkandpetals.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for checking my blog out :) I will definitely check yours out :)

      Delete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...