Friday, August 14, 2015

The Starting Over Tag




Hello friends! I am now back from Toronto, so I finally am getting around to posting the blog posts I have been been diligently writing while I was on the plane (I totally was blogging on my phone at around midnight on my flight there). So I was tagged awhile back by the lovely Iqra over at The Blushing Giraffe to do the Starting Over Tag. The essential point of this tag is to discuss what products you would purchase again if you lost all your makeup! So in this post you will see a lot of old favorites as well as some newer products that have made the cut!

For primers, I couldn't decide between the Benefit Porefessional Primer (Review) and Bare Minerals Prime Time Original Foundation Primer. Both have different tasks (one fills in pores, the other prolongs foundation wear) and yes, I do need both. Foundation wise, I would definitely go out and buy the Nars Sheer Glow Foundation in Punjab (Review). I've had this foundation less than a year and I have less than half of the foundation left...meaning that this foundation is getting a lot of use. This is SUCH a fantastic foundation, worth the amount of money you have to dish out for it. The concealer I picked is an affordable concealer, the Elf HD Lifting Concealer. I find that while the formulation of this concealer is very thin, it covers up redness really well and lasts for a long time. For a setting powder, of course I have to own the Rimmel Stay Matte Powder. This powder is good for setting your makeup on your face and yet it is light weight enough to set your concealer underneath your eyes without caking up. It's great for your handbag and provides some coverage as well (sometimes I use this in the center of my face as a powder foundation and place a darker powder foundation on my outer perimeter).

For mascara, I have to say the Essence I Love Extreme Crazy Volume Mascara wins hands down. This formula works wonders on my lashes and does a great job in creating volume and length (although some CoverGirl Mascaras give it a run for its money). While I do love some high-end Mascaras, I find that this mascara will do the trick, especially when the formula has dried down a bit. If you are looking for a nice cream eyeshadow that will work well on its own, I recommend the Elf Smudge Pot in Crusin' Chic. While the formula personally smudges on me, the quality of the formula is outstanding. The shade in Crusin' Chic is perfect for an effortless one shadowed look. For eyebrows, of course the product I choose would be two of my favorite Anastasia brow products, the Anastasia Beverly Hills DipBrow Pomade in Dark Brown (Review) and the Clear Brow Gel (Review). Both of these products provide for a budge proof eyebrow that will stay put throw the rain, humidity, and a 12 hour workday. For eyeshadows, I'd hands down choose the Wet n Wild Color Icon Eyeshadows (especially the trio in Walking on Eggshells). While the formula is a bit powdery at times, they easily have the best pigmentation in the drugstore and the price is affordable.

If I could start over again, I'd buy the Benefit Rockateur Blush. I've used this blush so much within the past year and I cannot get enough of it. It is the perfect dusty rose blush with a nice sheen that isn't chunky at all. This blush is perfect for all seasons, but I tend to gravitate towards it a lot more in the fall/winter when the deeper colors. Hands down, the bronzer and contour powder I would pick would be the Benefit Hoola Bronzer. I absolutely adore this bronzer, I think it does a fantastic job in creating shadows onto my light skint one. It's the palest Contour powder I own but it builds up so easily. For highlight, I have to say Hard Candy Bronzer in Tiki is a new find that I am kind of upset that I haven't picked up earlier. It's a great highlight and isn't chunky at all. 

 For lips, I would go with the Wet n Wild MegaLast Lipsticks. I have found that these lipsticks are superior to many high end brands and I have a tendency of wearing them the most. While the packaging of this Lipstick isn't the best, the product itself is fantastic. The formula goes on very smoothly onto my lips and is true to color. I don't find these to be drying at all but if you do, a lip Balm and lip exfoliator should make sure that the Lipstick applies well.

What products would you buy again immediately if you start your collection over? Let me know in the comment section below.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...