Friday, January 2, 2015

Winter Beauty Essentials


Hello loves! Today I will be sharing with you my Winter Beauty Essentials. During the winter, my typical oily skin gets dryer and needs extra hydration! As such, I figured that I should share with you the products that I have been enjoying that have helped my skin retain some moisture.

First and foremost, I find that a nice moisturizing cleanser like the Simple Moisturizing Facial Wash (Review) is great for winter time. This cleanser is gentle and when your skin is squeaky clean, your face feels nice and moisturized instead of stripped of its natural oils.  Have dry lips? I use Lush Santa Lip Scrub (limited edition) to exfoliate my lips. I find that I exfoliate my lips a lot more in the winter than I any other season because my lips are more chapped during this time of year. Exfoliating your lips with any of Lush's lip scrubs allows my lips to be smooth (and its much better then picking at the dry patches on your lips). If you can't get your hands on the Santa one, I recommend Mint Julep (I also find that one works a bit better than the Santa Lip Scrub). Looking for a good lip balm? I rely on the Vaseline Lip Therapy in Cocoa Butter for that extra pump of moisture when chapstick does nothing for me. Works like a charm when my lips are super dry.

At night, I like to use the Elizabeth Arden Perpetual Moisture 24 Cream on my face and neck to keep my face hydrated when I sleep. While I also love the Elizabeth Arden Good Night Sleep Restoring Cream, I find that the Perpetual Moisture 24 Cream is best suited during the winter time when my face needs an extra kick of hydration. This cream is extremely rich with moisture, so a little of this goes a long way. The cucumber in this moisturizer makes it very soothing and relaxing as well. Lately, I have been trying to finish up my many Bath and Body Works Lotions that I own. Currently I am trying to finish the Vanilla Bean Noel body lotion (and suffering through the vanilla scent that I abhor). However, the lotion why the scent isn't my favorite by any means, the lotion does a great job in moisturizing my body. Lastly, for my foundation, I have been using the Bourjois Healthy Mix Serum Gel Foundation in 53 Light Beige (Review). This foundation has been a staple of mine for the past couple of months and will continue to be. If you are interested in seeing how I apply this foundation, check out my Updated Winter Foundation Routine.


What products do you guys use during the Winter? Let me know in the comment section below!

28 comments:

  1. That little baby vasaline is so cute!!! I need to try it! And it's funny, I just took pictures for an upcoming winter essentials post too! A good lip balm and lip scrub were part of my list also! And I always struggle to finish Bath and Body Works lotions. I'll love a scent at first and then by the time I've used about 3/4 of it I want to change to a new scent! lol Vanilla Bean Noel is among one of my unfinished bottles too. Right now I'm using beautiful day which is a apple scent.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Definitely try the baby vaseline! I definitely bought it because it was tiny and adorable. omgosh, great minds thinks alike! :D For me, when I walk into Bath & Body Works, I find that I can never scent the lotions properly so I ALWAYS pick something I hate... and this was one of those many purchases >.> There has only been one scent I've really liked from them...and its discontinued :(

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice stuff! I totally will be rotating like 5 lip balm products when I'm in colder weather as I've got already dry lips in hot humid weather! Glad to hear that the foundation is great for winter weather! I'm too used to packing on powder on top of matte foundations here so I would love being able to put some on, a light setting powder if needed and heading out in the cold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I totally feel you! My lips are chapped all the time honestly, they are just so much worst now that it is colder :/ I definitely still pack on setting powder regardless of the foundation, I'm become to much of a habit to not do so.. and it feels weird if I don't set my makeup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I need to try that foundation, I hear so many good things

    ReplyDelete
  6. Definitely try out the foundation, I think you will really like it Kallie!

    ReplyDelete
  7. great items! thanks for the reviews :) i always up the facial oils in winter

    from helen at thelovecatsinc.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I recently went to Lush store, but they didn't have Santa lip scrub so I took Popcorn. It was my first lip scrub haha


    http://youcancallmes.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Very nice picks! I looove the Lush Lip Scrubs- they keep my dry winter lips in shape :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have just started incorporating facial oils into my routine again! Definitely need to play around with them more!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I need to try Popcorn lip scrub from them! I usually pick up Mint Julep from them, Santa lip scrub only comes during the holiday seasons I think. Hope you enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love them as well! It's such a fantastic product that Lush has!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I have the simple foaming cleanser, but it always strips my face, I think I'll try out the moisturizing one that you have. I didn't even know they had one! Thanks for posting! :)

    Elizadeath Taylor | Beauty & Lifestyle Blog

    ReplyDelete
  14. Great post! Love the lush lip scrub!

    xx

    Coco

    http://mllecoconath.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Simple is one of my favorite brands when it comes to facial cleaning. I love it! I've never tried a lip scrub before, but I feel like I need it. My lips get so dry during winter.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ugh, I feel like I'm the only person that doesn't like the Simple face washes (IDK, I FIND IT TOO DRYING FOR ME?)
    WORD, I HATE VANILLA SCENTED BODY PRODUCTS. It's just too sugary sweet for me, and it makes me feel like a giant frosted cupcake

    ReplyDelete
  17. the Vanilla Bean scent is a bit too strong for my liking. I like cocoa scents more. hehe Happy New Year Pauline! Random Beauty by Hollie

    ReplyDelete
  18. Definitely try out the lip scrub! I think you will like it! It does wonders for dry lips!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Awww, I'm sorry that the Simple face washes are drying for you. They haven't been for me :(

    I LITERALLY DIE EVERYTIME I USE THAT LOTION. I know some people love the scent... but I literally am crying everytime I use it because its just wayyyyy too sweet. Not a bad lotion though... just that scent and I do not get along.

    ReplyDelete
  20. I definitely like cocoa scents a lot more.. but unfortunately I have to finish up old products I have before they expire :/ Happy New Year to you Hollie! :D

    ReplyDelete
  21. I LOVE my Vaseline Lip Therapy. Mine is in Rosy Pink, so it adds a little bit of color to my lips. :) I can't use Bath and Body Works lotions in the winter, even with the new formula with lots of shae & vitamin e infusions because my skin gets too dry in the winter. I usually use Eucerin cream instead.

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love using lip scrubs in this time of the year too! The one I bought has been a total life changer as I'm out of my HG lip balm - blistex and none others seem to be up to scratch :(
    great post <3

    Iqra |The Blushing Giraffe x

    ReplyDelete
  23. I need to try out the one in Rosy Pink, I always love it when a lip balm adds a bit of color onto my lips! Darn, that sucks that you can't use B&BW lotions during the winter... but I DEFINITELY need to try out the Eucerin cream then. Can never have enough moisture in my life!

    ReplyDelete
  24. I primarily use lip scrubs during this season, I rarely use it during the summer but I am constantly scrubbing my lips during the winter. Glad you liked the post dear!

    ReplyDelete
  25. These products look fabulous! I love Lush lip scrubs. They seriously save my lips during the colder more "chappy" months, hahaha!

    ReplyDelete
  26. Everything here looks so awesome! I don't think I've tried a single thing you mentioned, so I know what'll be on my list the next time I go shopping :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Lush lip scrubs definitely save my lips during the colder months! They are a lifesaver!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Definitely check out the products here the next time you go shopping and let me know if you like them!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for checking out my blog :) I love reading your comments and will always reply to them :) I don't always do follow for follow, but I do love checking new blogs out! So feel free to leave the link of your blog :)

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...